Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai
Ex Bigg Boss contestants Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai have tied the knot and we cannot keep gushing about the grand event. Right before hours of tying the knot they had uploaded several pictures of themselves in social media. Right from mehndi to the haldi function – the fans got to see it all on the social media sites like Instagram.
In an interview in August, Merchant told the media that there won’t be elaborate wedding rituals and that the whole thing will be quiet. Although fans wanted a gala celebration it was a low key affair. The couple opted for a court marriage followed by a grand reception.
Although they opted for a court marriage, the rituals like mehndi and haldi were followed and they seemed to be quite a grand affair.
About the couple
- Suyyash and Kishwer participated in the season 9 of Bigg Boss. But they first met on the sets of Pyar Ki Yeh Kahaani and since then they have never looked back – they have been a strong couple with fans rooting for them.
- Before marriage they have dated for 6 years straight. Kishwer is actually 8 years elder to him but that didn’t stop them from seeing each other or taking the relationship forward.
- The couple had to fight a lot through their later stages. Initially due to religious differences and age gap, their families did not say yes to the marriage but later they agreed to bless the couple.
Pre wedding rituals
Before actually going ahead and taking the seven pheras, the duo had plans. For Kishwer it was a pre wedding photo shoot that was planned. She had arranged for a photo shoot with her girl gang and it was nothing less than a dream. Even though the media did not get a sneak peek at it, the social media accounts were flooded with the pictures.
Before even that, Kishwer did a bachelorette party. This was a fun destination bachelorette party which saw all of her friends and best friends. She posted bikini pictures of girls having fun on the beach. The pre wedding photo shoot has been done by Kalki Fashion and Knotty Tale.
Hindu Muslim rituals
Kishwer is Muslim and Suyyash is a Hindu Punjabi. The rituals are a combination of Hindu and Muslim ceremonies. Since mehndi is more of a girl’s side function, it has followed the customs of Muslim religion at Kishwer’s side.
The Sangeet ceremony is celebrated with both the guy and the girls’ side. Therefore it was celebrated with both Suyyash and Kishwer together in a Punjabi style.
Dresses they wore at the wedding
The couple was a sight for sore eyes at the wedding. Kishwer wore a light pink multi layered lehenga in which she looked gorgeous. Suyyash wore a white jacket with a mix and match suit. He coupled it with black pants. They looked ravishing at the event. They tied the knot on 16th December at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach.
At the Sangeet ceremony, Suyyash wore a sherwani along with a pagdi and looked much like a Sikh groom. Kishwer on the other hand was wearing a black and golden sharara. She looked stunning with heavy necklace and jhumkas.
Surprises that never ended
- The surprise at the event was that the duo will have a short web series about their entire wedding. This was perhaps why they didn’t allow media to click pictures of their wedding.
- If you think that was all then you are mistaken, Suyyash earlier told the press that he had planned a surprise for Kishwer. Later during the reception we got to know that it was a performance.
- This performance was also kept a secret from the family. The duo had planned this performance all by them to surprise the guests at the wedding.
- He (the groom) suddenly in the midst of the reception hall went down on his legs and proposed his wife. He knew the answer would be yes, but he still did this which was a really nice touch to the affair.
Highlights of the Sangeet
When the two entered the room, they didn’t seem to care about the cameras as they looked into each other’s eyes. They hugged one another and Suyyash told the press later that it was a stunning experience for them to see each other as bride and groom. They had planned that she would come dressed as a Muslim bride while he would come dressed a Punjabi lad.
Kishwer was all happy to see her man get ready but she revealed that he actually took more time than her to get ready.
Guests who made it to the party
Although we told you, the wedding was a rather small affair with only the family around the couple, they did have a lavish reception which was star studded. So who made an appearance at the wedding? Care to know?
Find out –
- Sukriti Kandpal: That’s right. She wore a radiant orange Saree and was seen wearing minimal accessories. Overall she stunned in her appearance.
- Vivian Dsena: Vivian Dsena came as coolly as he always does. He was seen making a solo entry at the party. His clothes were casual for the event.
- Aly Goni: Yes, everyone’s favorite Aly Goni also made an appearance at the party. He was seen accompanying his rumored girlfriend Krishna Mukherjee.
- Yuvika: everyone was wondering whether Yuvika would make an appearance with Prince, but to everyone’s dismay she made a solo entry – without Prince.
- Arjit Taneja: No, Arjit didn’t grace the event alone. However, he looked dapper as always. He was wearing a blue suit for the event.
- Asha Negi: Then there was Asha Negi who graced the night with her evergreen smile. She looked like a million dollars in her blush pink lehenga.
- Pooja Gor: Pooja Gor came with Raj Singh Arora at the event. It was well expected by everyone. She looked classy dressed in gold.
It looks like the entire event was very glamorous with the who’s who of television gracing the reception with their appearance.
Want to know a fun fact? The lehenga that the bride wore on her wedding day was not gifted by her would-be husband. In fact, it was given to her by someone she had met at the Bigg Boss House. Yes, indeed, she got it from none other than Prince Narula.
At the Bigg Boss house, the two had forged a special bond. He stood by her at all times and it seems like that bond existed at all times – even now. Prince Narula is now known for his Badho Bahu daily soap. He considers Kishwer his sister and therefore gifted her with the special dress for her wedding.
All in all, it was truly a wedding to remember! They have also revealed more about their love life and how it all happened in a web series about just the two of them. We wish the couple a happy married life.
A tabular overview
|1||Web series name||Sukish Ki Shaadi|
|2||First air date||18th December 2016|
- Pre Wedding Cocktail Party Themes Idea | Dress | Decoration | Games
- Prop Ideas for wedding reception Photo Booth