Latest Sakshi Malik Engagement Update
The festivities seem to ever stop for the celebrities – especially for this particular celeb. Ever since she has made India proud on the international forum by winning a bronze medal in Rio Olympics, the world has gone gaga over her. Now she is in the news for getting engaged to her long time boyfriend Satyawart Kadian.
Indeed weddings and engagements are an intricate part of the Indian culture. Hailing from a small village in Haryana, where there’s an incredibly low sex ratio, Sakshi has created a history for sure. What most people don’t know is that Sakshi Malik had been dating Satyawart Kadian for quite a long time and the man is himself a wrestler.
Their story has been compared to Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma’s film ‘Sultan’ but one where the girl is the one that wins the medal in the end.
Here are facts that you didn’t know about the affair –
- Sakshi is 2 years older than her fiancé : Sakshi has always been very open about her affair with her fiancé Satyawart who is 2 years younger than her. She is an example to many women out there who have not been able to get married to the love of their life because of social barriers that prohibit women from getting married to men younger than them. However, being a celebrity certainly opens doors as it seemed to have done for Sakshi Malik. Her family has readily accepted her boyfriend and now they are on their way to their happily ever after.
- She wore a pretty lehenga for the event:In an close knit event, where Sakshi was open in front of the media, she was seen wearing a very gracious cream colored lehenga. It is for the first time the viewers got to see the woman wearing bridal makeup too. It is one of the most natural cues that the would-be brides could take off from this.
- Who is the fiancé anyway?:Satyawart is a medal winner himself. He won the Commonwealth Games medal. He is the son of Arjuna award winner Satyavan Pehelwan. However, Satyawart himself was the talk of the town when he won a medal in World Youth Wrestling Championship in 2013. The games were held in Sofia, Bulgaria and Satyawart was the only Indian wrestler to have won an award there. At present the soon to be groom is training in his dad’s Akhada in Rohtak.
- Is this an arranged marriage? Recently Mr. Satyavan Pehelwan spoke to the media during the ceremony and said that the couple had known each other before. However, the marriage has been planned by an initiative taken by the two families.
- About the couple’s bonds:Sakshi has said that her would be husband is very supportive of her games. She says that she would be getting a friend in her marriage. She also mentioned that since her would be is a wrestler himself, he would be helping her in the preparation for the games as well. According to her, she will not face any issue in continuing her sports even after her marriage.
|Serial No.||About Bride and groom||Info|
|1||Sakshi won||Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award|
|2||Satyawart won||Silver in Common Wealth games, Glasgow|
|3||Weight of wrestling won by Satyawart||97 kg|