Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Ruth Prabhu Are Engaged
One of the hottest romances in the world of Telugu cinema has taken the next step as Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Ruth Prabhu have officially been engaged. The two have been starring alongside each other in a few films in recent years and their relationship has become very strong in recent time.
The two first met while on the set of Ye Maaya Chesave. Since then, they have worked together on a few other films including Manam and Autonagar Surya. They are still working together as they will be starring in a Telugu adaptation of the film 2 States. They are expected to star as the leads in the film.
The couple has especially been talked about by many of their biggest fans. People have gone to calling them “ChaiSam” in recent time because they are so inseparable. Very soon, they will finally be wed in a ceremony that could take place as soon as late in this year.
When Will the Wedding Take Place?
The wedding will take place relatively soon although it’s not clear as to when. There are hopes that the wedding will take place later on in this year although 2018 appears to be a more likely possibility for when it will be held.
This mushy couple has finally accepted the fact that they are getting married on 6th of October this year. Following their family tradition the wedding will take place in India. Naga, in his one of the recent interviews assured the fact that they are soon to tie the knot. He also added he will surely share some more details about the same once everything is finalised.
Naga Chaitanya: The Groom
Actor Nagarjuna is the most popular name in not only south movies but also in Hindi film industry. Naga Chaitanya is a son of Nagarjuna and Lakshmi Daggubati. He was always surrounded by talented people like his maternal grandfather D. Ramanaidu who was a veteran producer. His cousin brother Rana Daggubati is another popular name in Hindi as well as South film industry today.
- Naga started her career in the year 2009 with his first movie Josh. The director Vasu Verma was a new comer too at that point of time. He bagged best debut actor’s award on that very year for the movie Josh. Along with Filmfare, Chaitanya also bagged best male actor debut for CineMAA award.
- He has already done nearly 16 movies in south. His last release Rarandoi Veduka Chudham had received mixed reviews. The movie could not do much in the box office, but the actor didn’t have any complain about it.
Samantha Ruth Prabhu: The Bride
Samantha Ruth Prabhu, a 29 years old gorgeous model turned actress started her career in the year 2010 with the film Ye Maaya Chesave opposite Naga Chaitanya. The girl successfully fetched two big awards Filmfare and Nandi award for best actress debut category.
- She doesn’t belong to film related family. She started her modelling career when she was in college, doing her graduation. After completing few years in modelling industry she has walked into the world of Telegu and Tamil cinema.
- She also did a Hindi version of a Tamil movie by Gautham Menon casted opposite Aditya Roy Kapoor. Unfortunately the movie was scraped by the director himself after his previous Hindi film got failed in the box office. Gautham’s previous Hindi movie Ek Thha Dewana had Samantha as female lead. In 2012 she won many awards and it was the biggest turning point in her career.
- However the actress fall sick and took a break for a year from the film in the same year. Since 2013 she got back to films again. She has done 33 films and 6 more are yet to be released this year. Among these the biopic of Savitri Devi was the highlighter. Though she isn’t playing the title character still she is equally excited for the movie.
Chaitanya and Samantha: Dating and Relationship
The duo appeared on screen for the first time in the movie Ye Maaya Chesave in the year 2010. Soon after that the duo has managed to bag a huge number of fans. Also Chaitanya was a part of her second movie (apparently released first) Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa as a cameo. Afterwards movies like Autonagar Surya and Manam – these two films have this duo.
They started dating each other during 2015, but always kept it under the wrap. During October 2016, Chaitanya in one of his interviews had accepted the fact that Samantha is more than just a co-star and a friend. This news is not only a joyful moment for the fans but also for both the families as both the families have accepted the relationship happily. In one of the social networking sites Nagarjuna addressed Samantha as Kodali which means daughter-in-law.
Chaitanya – Samantha Engagement:
Chaitanya and Samantha, after confessing their relationship in front of the media, were engaged in the month of January this year. The engagement ceremony took place in Chennai in the presence of both the families and friends from the south film fraternity. It wasn’t a hush-hush affair as many a people were invited to the party.
The film trade analyst Shree Ramesh Bala had tweeted about the marriage date for the first time after their engagement party. He posted a picture of ring ceremony and mentioned the date 6th of October 2017 as their D-day.
Details on the Ceremony
A few details on the ceremony have been released to the public:
- The ceremony took place in Hyderabad. It was closed to the public and details on how many people attended are unclear.
- Many of the people who were at the ceremony were direct family members related to the couple. Chaitanya’s father Akkineni Nagarjuna and his younger son Akil were also in attendance. Shriya Bhupal, who will be marrying Akil very soon, was there too.
- In terms of fashion, Samantha was wearing a sari designed by Kresha Bajaj. It featured a pale white tone all around. The outfit is part of the Love Story Iehega line that has become popular since Bajaj wore an outfit in the line for her own wedding. Naga stuck with a natty suit for the ceremony with a blue tone with some golden accents.
Chaitanya and Samantha: The Wedding Preparation
As the duo opened up about their relationship back in October 2016, they haven’t mentioned about their wedding then. With Bala’s tweet it was inevitable that the duo will tie the knot on 6th of October this year. In his latest media conference, Naga stated that he is enjoying the phase at this moment. People are showering love and blessings and also he is getting a lot of attention regarding his marriage.
Many a reports stated that the duo might have destination wedding. However Chaitanya clearly denied them by saying the wedding will take place in Chennai where both the families will be present. Bothe families’ traditions and rituals will be followed for the occasion.
As of now no other wedding preparation details have come up. The actor himself assured that once the plans will start implementing he will let the fans know about it. As far as Samantha’s career is concerned, both of them stated that she will continue work after marriage. As of now Samantha will take a short break from the films as she wants to give her full time and attention to her marriage now. Afterwards she will be back to her regular life soon.