How to use curry leaves for hair growth, weight loss
Hair fall problem is faced both by men and women of all ages. To people who wish to stop hair fall naturally without use of any steroids and side-effects, curry leaves will help in hair growth. Curry leaves are rich in nutrients, amino acids and anti-oxidants. They are extremely useful in hair maintenance and body weight. They can be used as a tonic, mask and nutrient food.
Medicinal value of curry leaves
- Curry leaves prevent hair fall. They are rich in nutrients which support in cleaning the hair from dirt, grime and dead cells. External application over the hair helps in scalp stimulation and regulates blood pressure. It also aids in removing unnecessary toxins.
- Too much use of hair products will get deposited in the scalps and under hair shaft. It will give a dull appearance to the hair. It also causes scalp irritation. It also leads to unhealthy hair leading to breakage and tangling. Curry leaves help to remove the unwanted products deposited over the scalp and make your hair feel fresh and healthy.
- Vitamin B is the major component required for hair growth. Vitamin B deficiency has a direct impact on increase in hair fall. Curry leaves are rich in it making them vital natural source for hair growth.
- Vitamin B6 present in these leaves act as a hormone regulator which helps to improve the overall strength of the hair. Proteins and beta carotene reduces the rate of hair fall and also reduces hair thinning. Curry leaves can also be used in acne treatment along with turmeric.
- Ageing increases the loss of pigment in follicles and makes the hair turn gray. Gray hair is also now a common feature among young people due to stress, genetic build-up and unhealthy habits like smoking and alcohol consumption. The Vitamin B in curry leaves help to prevent premature graying and to maintain color.
- Curry leaves are also a rich source of anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants help to keep the scalp healthy and they fight against the damage causing radicals. Curry leaves improve the strength and elasticity of hair. Damaged hair will get nutrients and nourishment naturally from these leaves. When combined with coconut oil, they provide the required hydration and nourishment to heal.
Hair tonic-Curry leaves with coconut oil
Curry leaves can be used as a hair tonic by mixing with few teaspoons of coconut oil. It can be prepared easily at home. The procedure is given below.
- Initially, pour some amount of oil in a pan. Then add a few curry leaves in it. Heat the pan till the leaves have a black residue surrounding it. Always maintain distance from the pan as oil may sputter.
- Once the residue is formed, stop heating and allow the mixture to cool down. One the temperature drops to normal level, strain it and then apply over your hair. Gently massage the scalp with oil using your fingers. Concentrate more on the roots of your hair. After an hour, clean your head with shampoo.
Benefits of hair tonic
The penetrating property of coconut oil helps to nourish and moisturize the hair naturally. Vitamin B6 present in the curry leaves add strength to hair shafts and roots and prevents hair fall. Massage your hair for two or three times every week before washing it. Regular use will not only prevent hair fall but also it will increase the hair growth rate.
Hair Mask- Curry leaves with yogurt
Curry leaves can be applied as a hair mask by mixing with a small quantity of yogurt. It can also be prepared at home by following some simple steps.
- Blend the curry leaves until it becomes thick. Depending upon your requirement add Yogurt to one teaspoon of curry leaves paste. Mix them well till they form a good paste.
- Once the paste is ready, apply the prepared paste mask over your hair from the root to tip. After half an hour, wash your hair with shampoo. The mask can also be prepared by replacing yogurt with milk.
Benefits of hair mask
The Yogurt present in the mask helps to clean the scalp. It removes dandruff and dead cells from the scalp and also makes them feel fresh and soft. The nutrients present in the scalp improve the follicle health and also helps to remove the impurities present in it. In addition to these benefits, they also help to prevent premature graying. By applying the hair mask once in a week, the hair will turn soft and shiny.
Curry leaves in food
- Apart from external application, curry leaves can be used in food to improve hair growth and follicle strength. The curry leaves can be added in powder form to rice as well as curries.
- Mint leaves shredded finely can be mixed with curry leaves along with buttermilk or milk. It can be used as a nutritious healthy drink. This will also help in hair growth.
- Curry leaves are also rich in Vitamin C, iron, Phosphorous, calcium, Carbohydrates and fibers. They can be also used in salads and sauces. However, these leaves should be used fresh and should not be used after keeping in refrigerator for a long time.
- Curry leaves can also be used in making tea along with lime. When used in daily basis, it will soften the hair and also prevent premature graying.
Benefits of foods with curry leaves
- Curry leaves also helps to increase weight loss. Since they control the digestive system, they help to shred off unnecessary weight in the body. The anti-oxidants present in them also support weight loss. It also burns the bad cholesterol and fats.
- Curry leaves which are added in culinary recipes improves the functioning of small intestine and also helps to prevent cancer. They also improve scalp strength and fight dandruff.
- Chewing of curry leaves is a natural remedy to Diarrhea and nausea. It can also be taken by pregnant women with morning sickness and vomiting.
Curry leaves cannot be applied to all skins. For few people it may cause allergy. It is always advised to do a patch test before external application as tonic or mask. Consumption of curry leaves seeds is also poisonous to body.