Wedding in the farm houses: pros and cons
Everyone loves a big fat farm house wedding – and why won’t they? There are so many things which you can do at a farm house that you could never do at a privately booked resort. However, there are still some things you must be aware of before you head on to get this piece of farm house for your wedding. Depending upon the size of your wedding, you will have to see if a farm house wedding suits you. Because in general so many things wedding planners forget to budget for.Of course there are emotional aspects associated with the wedding. But you should also be aware of the things you could face before getting a farm house wedding. You should consider so many things before finalize wedding venue.
To make things easier for you we have listed the pros and cons of a farm house wedding here. It is also important to decide the number of guest you are sending invites.
Getting married in a farm house has a lot of up sides. If you want to get married then look out for these pros in favor of farm houses:
- You are familiar with the surrounding: you have been here many times and you know the ins and outs of this place. You will be very comfortable here. You can put aside the worries to where people will stay and other things, because you know that everything is near at hand. You will be able to find the right room for all your requirements.
- You don’t have to pay for it: Besides comfort, you will not have to pay for it. Let’s face it, there are already so many things you have been paying for, that you could use a rest. Not having to pay for your venue takes out so much stress. It could be your little nest where you get married.
- You can do whatever: The fun with having your own place to get married is that you can do whatever you want there. You do not have to be answerable to anyone. You can decorate is as much or as little as you want. You will not have to hear any resort owner complaining, etc. You can make this place your very own.
- You can arrange all things yourself: when you hire a resort, sometimes it comes with a package of all round decoration. This costs you higher. On the other hand if you do it all yourself, you have to pay lower. You don’t come to now but you actually pay lower when you do it yourself. Since it is your own space, you can arrange all the things by yourself and save some bucks as well. Isn’t that just great?
- You can be as loud as you want: when you are hiring some place, you will have to go by their noise control norms. You might also have to abide by some laws and regulations too. Or there could simply be some party going on in the next room. So you have to follow some “manners”. But in a farm house – you are the star of the show. There is no other party but yours to light up the surroundings. So you can be as loud or as fiery as you want. Please read the article to know the sangeet songs those will force you to dance till end.
- The place has a very rustic charm: Let’s be fair, farm houses are the home to many natural flora and fauna. These are the places where you find solitude as well as comfort in the sceneries. Add to that some of the rustic charm of the village and you have your perfect natural setting.
- Spacious: Farm houses are large and spacious. You have the entire place by yourself. You can move in and around and even accommodate some of your guests. All this and no cost. Isn’t that the best?
Just like there are pros, there are cons too. When reality hits, that’s when the idea starts to look too complicated. Here are some of the cons:
- Secluded area: The worst part about farm houses is that they are situated far from the city. If you suppose need something or if there is an emergency, you know the city is far away. You are trapped in a remote location. This means that you cannot access any part of the city very quickly. If you do not have a hospital nearby, then it can be risky considering that many older people will be present at the event.
- Guests finding location: guests might find it hard to come to your event. They might get lost on their way. Since it is situated at such a far place, people will not be able to find the route to your destination. It is quite a possible scenario. When you are at your farm house, your guests might not be able to locate it easily. There’s no landmark usually nearby the guest houses – making it difficult for people to locate the homes easily.
- The outdoor set up: of course it would be nice to have an outdoor set up for food and drinks, but what happens if it rains? Is your farm house big enough to accommodate everyone? If it is not, then your entire event can be compromised. Even if the farm house is big enough, ruining your entire set up means having to set everything up once again from scratch. That can be a bit taxing on you. So make sure that the weather and the backup are at hand.
- Lack of infrastructure: This is possible if you do not frequent your farm house that often. There could be a chance that your farm house does not have plumbing and/or lighting facilities. If this is the case, then you will have to do a lot of work bringing all the lights in from the city. All the loading and unloading of the equipments is going to cost you big. So make sure that you have them all in place before you get started with decorating. This is one of the reasons that many people choose not to have their wedding in a farm house.
So using these tips you can plan a luxurious wedding with small budget.