What can be the different dresses a bride can wear on her wedding?
There are so many things a bride can wear on her D-day. However, it does not really look like that, especially if you are an Indian bride. You will always feel like you have to go with the same old red traditional clothes. What if I told you that could change? And off course bride must have to budget it while shopping.
There are heaps of different kinds of dresses available to the Indian bride today. This is because of the cross cultural influence and women’s changing preferences. Nobody wants to get married in a Benarasi anymore just because her previous generation did the same. You might very well be interested in wearing a lehenga or a sharara to your wedding or reception. What’s best? It is even accepted by the relatives and the community. As long as you are wearing something that says you are the bride, people seem to be okay with it. So go ahead and experiment with your dress choices now! You can buy or rent it also.No one’s going to stop you. If you need a little heads up, check out these:
- Lehenga: This style of wedding cloth looks ravishing on every special bride. It makes you look regal and graceful at the same time. If you have a pear or an hourglass shaped figure then a lehenga would suit your body perfectly. These are also available in myriad price ranges so choosing the one within your budget will not be a problem. There are specifically bridal lehengas and lehengas that make you look chic at a wedding. As long as you buy the bridal ones, you can be assured that you have bought the best one and are going t stand out. There are also several color choices in orange and royal blues – unless you want to stick to red. You can also take it in rent in your wedding.
- Benarasi Saree: If you live in the Eastern part of India, you have probably heard of Benarasi Saree stories from your elders. You probably have one picked out for your wedding. So these are pretty fun when to carry at your wedding unlike a lehenga, a Benarasi Saree will not be very heavy and therefore it will be easier to move around in. if you are a minimalist bride, then a royal blue or red Benarasi Saree will do you justice. These are also good wear for reception. So you can stick with it. It looks perfect if you wear SATLADA jewelry with it.
- Georgette Sarees: the Bridal Georgette Sarees also can steal the show if you do it right. They are pretty much like the Benarasi Sarees, but they have their own make up. They have to be work right. Also sometimes they are preferred in red just because it is a wedding event. They are heavier, but they look more casual for the bride. This is why most tend to wear it heavily if at all. You can also go for the designer georgette, heavily embroidered ones. They can truly steal the show.
- Indo Western: When we were talking about variety we were not kidding. You can go all Indo Western nowadays. This will give you an edgy bride vibe. You will be redefining a few traditions – if you are the rebel type. Also, it will be easier to move around in. you might need little jewelry to go with it. So if you are a girl who doesn’t like to put on a lot of jewelry and would do something innovative f0or her wedding, then totally go ahead with the long Indo Western Gowns. They are full length and are often full sleeved – but heavily embellished – giving you the perfect look. This can also be the right outfit that can be wear on sangeet ceremony
- Embellished Anarkali: An Anarkali, we guess is the perfect dress that suits a woman. It highlight’s the natural curves and makes you look taller if you are short, and gives you a great length if you are tall. This is why Anarkali long wears are the best. But if you are making them for your wedding make sure that they are feet length and that they are every heavily embellished. You can have them tailor made for you or you could order them online as many Bridal Anarkali suits are becoming a hot choice on online portals these days.
- The white gown: if you want to go with the white gown, then you have a plethora of choices in front of you. You can choose the ones that are not too revealing, or you can go with flown ones. The best part is that you can have them easily tailor made to suit your preferences. No matter what, your wedding gown will appear its best when you are wearing it with a smile.
- Suit up: Are you really trying to make a Boho wedding happen? You can just break all the boundaries by choosing to suit up. If you and your partner are believers in egalitarianism, you might want to take things up by a notch ‘Ki & Ka’ style and show that your marriage is all about equality by dressing up the suit way.
Lastly, don’t hesitate to choose the garment that you love. You can choose to dress up in any way – it is YOUR wedding after all. You can check are zardosi shoes good enough to wear in wedding?
Here are a few more tips on how a bride can dress according to her choice:
- Punk style: if you are a punk bride at heart, go with the things that you love the most. For example, you can decide to add your favorite garment to the traditional wear. Or, alternatively, you can choose the punk style outfit and add some traditional elements to it. Don’t be afraid to spice things up a little bit.
- Gala wedding: if you love the glitz and glory of the wedding, then traditional is the way for you. You don’t however have to stick to a certain kind of dress. There’s the Benarasi Sari, the lehenga, and many different kinds of traditional glamour you can choose from. Jazz it up with doing something different.
- Modern bride: for the modern Indian bride who is neither punk nor traditional, there are semi ethnic clothes that go perfectly for these occasions. You can go with them for the most part.
Apart from all that bride must also know the hair accessorizes she can wear on her wedding day.
Lastly, don’t hesitate to choose the garment that you love. You can choose to dress up in any way – it is YOUR wedding after all.